Our dream at PFGeeks is to transform the lives of thousands of people by teaching them how to get their own finances on track.
There are thousands of people graduating from college every single year with no plan for their finances. Worse yet, they are graduating with the most debt to their name of any generation in history. Most of these people spend their 20’s running in circles, wasting some of the most financially productive years of their life. As a 24 year old, I can relate on a personal level.
For far too long, we’ve heard people say, “I wish I had learned this in school”. The tough fact we need to face is that school systems are failing to teach people the absolute basics about money–budgeting, saving, and investing.
We want to fill in the gap. If you want to check out our four goals for this site, check out our first ever post, Why I Started PFGeeks: a Journey in Blogging.
Our aim is to give college grads the guidance, education, and training that they need to manage their own finances. We love doing the tough work in reading, researching, excel-ing, and then taking all of that to create valuable and enjoyable content. We plan to become the go-to online resource to help younger generations create and execute a plan that will help them achieve financial independence.
Who are “we”?
Funny enough, my nickname is actually Rich. I’ve been a follower of Jesus for 12 years and I’ve been married for two. I spend most of my time leading and serving as the youth pastor at our church and am pursuing my Masters in Theology. I graduated a few years ago with a degree in finance and after a few years of ministry, I’ve started to recognize the massive need to see these two passions of mine come together.
There’s no doubt that money is a taboo subject. It may be surprising to some, but this is especially true within churches. We talk, teach, and preach to people on what to do with 10% of their income while ignoring the other 90%.
But for most people, if they had the knowledge and discipline to manage the 90% well, then giving 10% becomes easy. I’m passionate about helping people realize that they can give, often more generously than they thought possible, by helping people learn the basics about money.
Building wealth is easy when you break it down into it’s most simplest objectives: Increase your income, cut your expenses, and then optimize that savings gap.
Currently this is a solo-run blog, although my wife will likely contribute from time to time. I love my job, but as I share my journey towards Financial Independence, I plan to keep my real life identity as private as possible. I am hoping to add a partner to this project in the near future to expand the number of voices here and to create even more helpful content for our readers.